Sisal carpet flooring is an earth-friendly, natural and unique design choice.
Sisal carpet is growing in popularity in the greater Mentor, Painesville, Willoughby, and Cleveland because of its rustic look and its eco-friendliness.
This style of carpet flooring is made from the fibers of a cactus-like plant called Agave sisalana — cultivated in arid regions around the world. Once the leaves are harvested, the fibers are extracted, cut, dried, and treated to produce twine that can then be woven into rugs. There are many possibilities in terms of the weave pattern.
The best part?
Just like hemp and coir, sisal provides durability that most synthetic materials can’t match.
Why Choose Sisal Carpeting?
- It’s naturally stain-resistant and doesn’t require any chemical treatments that may be harmful to children and pets.
- It repels dust and static electricity.
- It’s naturally flame-retardant.
- It can be combined with other natural fibers, such as wool or sea grass, to create different textures and colors.
How To Maintain Sisal Carpets
- Sisal does not do well with moisture and should be avoided in a mudroom or bathroom.
- It can feel rough underfoot compared to traditional carpet flooring materials, making it less comfortable to sit or lie on for prolonged periods.
- It is prone to color-fading, especially with prolonged exposure to sunlight.
Book a Free Estimate
Let the experts at Floor Coverings International of Mentor help you find a sisal carpet that’s just right for you and your space. Contact us today to schedule your free in-home consultation. We proudly serve the greater Mentor, Painesville, Willoughby, and Cleveland.